Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. After six months of car shopping, my wife has decided on the 2021 Mazda CX-5 (non-turbo, FWD). This will be our first Mazda. I will be maintaining the vehicle, and I'd appreciate if you folks can tell me anything I need to know about the car.

What I'm most interested in are things like common maintenance and/or repair issues associated with the model, unusual component locations, and any tips or tricks unique to the CX-5.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
236 Posts
This is my third Mazda in my life but I have just come off of more than 6 Subarus. I can't tell you about long term mechanical because I don't do my own. I can say that Mazdas are "quirky" cars and not everyone likes them. Take as an example not being able to use the touch screen when the car is moving. Or not being able to listen to CDs. That alone would turn many people off of Mazda. I love them though and don't see myself going back to Subaru.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my third Mazda in my life but I have just come off of more than 6 Subarus. I can't tell you about long term mechanical because I don't do my own. I can say that Mazdas are "quirky" cars and not everyone likes them. Take as an example not being able to use the touch screen when the car is moving. Or not being able to listen to CDs. That alone would turn many people off of Mazda. I love them though and don't see myself going back to Subaru.
Re CD's, its fortunate that our units (imported from Malaysia) still have DVD/CD players. Though OTOH, it's unfortunate we still don't have the larger 10.25" screen (not even the 8") :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
2018 doesn't come with it Im buying aftermarket off Ebay..You tube has a few videos how to install..its pretty straight forward about a hour worth of work...

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can't with the touchscreen only the selection wheel.I'm sure its all software related and they did that for safety reason so the driver won't be touching the screen when car is in drive.Yeah thats pretty dumb thing to do since other companies allow touchscreen to be active when car is in drive but that's what we got.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can't with the touchscreen only the selection wheel.I'm sure its all software related and they did that for safety reason so the driver won't be touching the screen when car is in drive.Yeah thats pretty dumb thing to do since other companies allow touchscreen to be active when car is in drive but that's what we got.
Thanks, this is perfectly sensible. I'm also in the market (potentially) for a CX-5 and I'm trying to learn the quirks. Overall it seems like a great vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only thing currently worrisome is the cylinder deactivation recall for the rocker arm but from what I heard they are slowly recalling some models while to play it safe they are a adding a software update....other than that a solid SUV.

·
Administrator
236 Posts
The only thing currently worrisome is the cylinder deactivation recall for the rocker arm but from what I heard they are slowly recalling some models while to play it safe they are a adding a software update....other than that a solid SUV.

I would never and will never buy a car with one of those cylinder deactivation systems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its seems the "fix" is Mazda turning that feature off with a software update until they can figure how to fix it properly.I agree but lot of cars companies want to show better KM\L on their cars have this feature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. After six months of car shopping, my wife has decided on the 2021 Mazda CX-5 (non-turbo, FWD). This will be our first Mazda. I will be maintaining the vehicle, and I'd appreciate if you folks can tell me anything I need to know about the car.

What I'm most interested in are things like common maintenance and/or repair issues associated with the model, unusual component locations, and any tips or tricks unique to the CX-5.

Thanks!
From my experience genuine crap car.
Full option, top specs model, in 2.5 years under guarantee 3 times engines in side windows have been changed, both sides (when they get wet they malfunction).
On speeds higher then 130kmh with side wind unbearable noice from both front windows. Not yet been fixed.
After only 2 years bottom of the car advanced rusty, not covered by guarantee.
All 20 bolts on wheels changed under guaranty as recognised rusty.
Bad quality of the red paint.
High consumption in the cities.
Problem with engine start (not fixed yet).

Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.
Dealerships also crap. When they realise you got bad quality vehicle they let you die with it.
Mazda never again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its seems the "fix" is Mazda turning that feature off with a software update until they can figure how to fix it properly.I agree but lot of cars companies want to show better KM\L on their cars have this feature.

Thanks!
2 years old Mazda advanced rust

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOL at that being "advanced rust" are you joking or stupid?
Please let me know "genius" how Mazda defines advanced rust on 2 years NEW vehicle?
Should I collapse altogether with the driver seat on the road to be recognised by Mazda as advanced?
For 2 years NEW vehicle this is advanced rust on crap quality car.
BTW that stupid leave for your mama, pls.

·
Administrator
236 Posts
Please let me know "genius" how Mazda defines advanced rust on 2 years NEW vehicle?
Should I collapse altogether with the driver seat on the road to be recognised by Mazda as advanced?
For 2 years NEW vehicle this is advanced rust on crap quality car.
BTW that stupid leave for your mama, pls.
Dude, here in the rust belt that is just "normal" rust man, it is actually just surface rust! LOL

By the way, if you can't spell recognized you shouldn't call other people stupid. LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
From my experience genuine crap car.
Full option, top specs model, in 2.5 years under guarantee 3 times engines in side windows have been changed, both sides (when they get wet they malfunction).
On speeds higher then 130kmh with side wind unbearable noice from both front windows. Not yet been fixed.
After only 2 years bottom of the car advanced rusty, not covered by guarantee.
All 20 bolts on wheels changed under guaranty as recognised rusty.
Bad quality of the red paint.
High consumption in the cities.
Problem with engine start (not fixed yet).

Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.
Dealerships also crap. When they realise you got bad quality vehicle they let you die with it.
Mazda never again.

Thanks!
2 years 7 months battery has to be changed. Drained by start stop system. In Mazda service they told me that in new vehicles they use other type of batteries as "this one" haven't proven good in use. Eur 200 as guaranty does not cover batteries.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts