Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. After six months of car shopping, my wife has decided on the 2021 Mazda CX-5 (non-turbo, FWD). This will be our first Mazda. I will be maintaining the vehicle, and I'd appreciate if you folks can tell me anything I need to know about the car.

What I'm most interested in are things like common maintenance and/or repair issues associated with the model, unusual component locations, and any tips or tricks unique to the CX-5.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
165 Posts
This is my third Mazda in my life but I have just come off of more than 6 Subarus. I can't tell you about long term mechanical because I don't do my own. I can say that Mazdas are "quirky" cars and not everyone likes them. Take as an example not being able to use the touch screen when the car is moving. Or not being able to listen to CDs. That alone would turn many people off of Mazda. I love them though and don't see myself going back to Subaru.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my third Mazda in my life but I have just come off of more than 6 Subarus. I can't tell you about long term mechanical because I don't do my own. I can say that Mazdas are "quirky" cars and not everyone likes them. Take as an example not being able to use the touch screen when the car is moving. Or not being able to listen to CDs. That alone would turn many people off of Mazda. I love them though and don't see myself going back to Subaru.
Re CD's, its fortunate that our units (imported from Malaysia) still have DVD/CD players. Though OTOH, it's unfortunate we still don't have the larger 10.25" screen (not even the 8") :(

·
Administrator
165 Posts
Re CD's, its fortunate that our units (imported from Malaysia) still have DVD/CD players. Though OTOH, it's unfortunate we still don't have the larger 10.25" screen (not even the 8") :(
I don't miss a big screen to be perfectly honest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts