Mazda World Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by SPOO@Feb 24 2004, 02:59 PM
Anyone ever used wheel spacers?  Anything negative about them?  Thanks.
yes.......never had any problems with them. are you getting brake rubbing? you just need to be careful and make sure the spacer is perfectly aligned as your bolting the wheels. you can get it done easier using two people.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by excluesiveonez@Feb 24 2004, 11:16 PM
i dunt understand how they go on
they have different bolt patterns on them that you just slide over the wheel mounting bolts. you can purchase a universal spacer or a specific bolt pattern spacers.

here is a pic of one designed for cars:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Originally posted by SPOO@Feb 25 2004, 09:30 AM
They have specific ones for Millenias on www.optauto.com for $55/pair. It's a 5mm increase. I'm thinking about purchasing them being that I bought 18's with 215/40 size tires.
that's expensive :wacko: price should be more like $30 a pair at most. the spacer isn't specific to the millenia. it's probably just has a specific bolt pattern and can't be used universally.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
i bought 1/4 inch ones for my car for $5 each at a local shop...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
didn't do it to widen the wheels in relationship to the car, the wheels i wanted had a different offset than the wheels i had on the car, so i need the 1/4 inch spacer to clear the calipers / struts...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by SPOO@Feb 24 2004, 01:59 PM
Anyone ever used wheel spacers?  Anything negative about them?  Thanks.
Yes, I have used spacers, but not on my Millys. The spacers I used were custom made for my application.

Spacers change the load on the wheel bearings and can lead to premature bearing failure. How quickly the bearings will fail depends on the thickness of the spacer and the design tolerance of the bearing.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The spacers were used to correct the offset of the wheels. The wheels I was using were not designed for the car I installed them on. In this case spacers are a good thing. Using spacers with wheels with the correct offset will increase the offset, which is a bad thing. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
you also have to remember that if you get wheel spacers, you are going to need to get wheel studs that are longer so that you still have enough socket engagement on the wheel / stud.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Originally posted by ///BHRpowered@Feb 29 2004, 07:31 PM
true, or just let your wheels fall off
well that is also a cool, yet dangerous option that people may choose to exercise

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.