Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to figure out specs on A/C capacity and oil. I can't figure out if this is a 2003 Mazda Tribute or a 2002 Mazda MPV. Here's an image from the sticker inside the driver's door affixed to the car body:

At first glance, this looks like a 2002 MPV. However, when looking up the VIN online, I am getting the following information:

Additionally, when I try and look up the A/C and oil specifications, I am showing the following for each type of car that this may be: (Two Items Circled)

Additional Pictures:

So with this information, which car is it, and what would the A/C refrigerant and oil capacity be?

Much appreciated,

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd say you have a Tribute, production date is late in the year. I had a 1990 MPV and the 2002 MPV from google looks more like a MPV... A/C can be dangerous if you are not familiar with it. Or can be screwed up/damaged. My limited experience with A/C would be to have at least the minimum amount of A/C on hand to fill until the sight glass is clear, no bubbles, indicating full. This would indicate it has the proper level of Freon. Even if you started with an empty system, you can never be too sure how much you actually need. If the system blows cool air, its close. Much like the oil in your engine, filling it up to the level on the oil stick, regardless of amount used. If no sight glass is available, I believe you go by pressure... I could be wrong, more research for you, buddy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts