Mazda World Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father's 1993 Mazda b2600i is having an issue with the ECU, it will run until we get it up to temperature (about 10 min) and then chokes itself out. The mechanic switched it out for a few refurbished computers but none have worked since and the bill is getting pretty significant. We have it back now and I plan to go to pick and pulls to hopefully find some computers for a bit cheaper, I was wondering if anyone knows what other years might use the same computer? I am pretty new to all of this and I would really appreciate the advice, thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you remove the passenger side kick panel you will see the ECU and on it should be a sticker that has a Gxxx number on it. In my case, I am running a G630 on a 1991 b2600i 4X4 manual. You can then search for that ECU either on eBay or Rockauto, etc.. The G number is what you have to match here.

I have ordered a dial it in ECU from samlonbuiltdesigns in Austrailia which promises to bring my truck's ECU to the 21st century and allows for much better engine management and tuning via an app you install on your laptop. It was actually cheaper than getting a rebuilt unit from 30 year old technology. Haven't received it yet, but when I do and get it up and running I will post here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts