Mazda World Forum banner

Who has the most miles/problems on their Milly?

207K views 562 replies 283 participants last post by  Hagbard Celine 
#1 ·
Hey everyone just thought I would try to get a thread going where all us Milly owners can have some input. As I watch the miles on my odometer continue to creep up from my daily long drives I began to wonder if many others have high mileage on their car. So post it here. Format it as follows:

Year:
Mileage:
Major problems you've had:

Here's mine:

1995 S (owned 1 year 2 months)
119,532 miles
Complete engine rebuild at 99,800 miles ($6,500)

Feel free to post even if you have an 01 Milly with only 20k :mellow:

#2 ·
Well, considering I have one of the oldest dated Millenia's on here ;) (because the Mazda released the Milly 1 year early in Australia), I better put up my mileage.

Year: 1994 S (released in Australia as the Eunos 800)
Mileage: 115,853 km or 71,987 miles (damn metric system here)
Major problems you've had:
1. Leaking water pump (refilling radiator every 2 days)
2. Cracked radiator (replaced)
3. Cracked engine mount (replaced)
4. Leaking oil pan (replaced)
5. CD Changer starting to lock up a lot (my tunes!!! :'(

#3 ·
Year: 1998 Millenia S

Mileage: 90K (25000 miles this last year :wacko: )

Problems I've had: NONE AT ALL....except a malfuntioning TCS...but that stoped and hasn't happened in about 6 months.

I will add one more thing to extermin8r's list of what to post

how long have you had your Millenia: bouts a year.....(2nd milly though)

#4 ·
My car is a 95S with approx. 115,000 miles on it.

Problems that I have had:

1. Heater stopped functioning - turned out the the control module had to be replaced and it cost $800.
2. Supercharger belt wore out - replaced $75.
3. CV boots split - replaced $250.
4. Oxygen sensors replaced.
5. Arm rest replaced.
6. CD changer in trunk is not reading discs consistently anymore.

The car runs great!

#6 ·
1995 2.5L

Mileage:91,000

Owned:13 Months

Problems:
Bought car with 79k
Around 83k had egr work/new valve cover gaskets etc $1200.00
Now-Just a stupid creak sometimes in driver rear door

#7 ·
1999 2.5L

Mileage:40,602

Owned: 58 days

Problems:
Bought car with 36,272

1.When I first bought it from Wayne mazda I had the Mildew smell from AC vents..local trip to pep boys fixed that right quick...

2.Old windshield wipers..Good ole pepboys...

3.Now its in the shop fixing the terrible gas mileage due to the common fuel sending units..

4.I've heard the popping noise 3 times since I've had the car under hard braking or slight accel but haven't happened at all since within the first 2 weeks Ive had the car..guess maybe it was settling in...Prob not but who knows..

5. Need new key switch..When you turn key sometimes it takes a little bit more turning to start the car..

Minor ones nothing major...All under warranty so I figured i'm good..I bought extended warranty to cover my ass so I should be ok

#8 ·
1999 S, owned since July of 2001.

110,000 miles, bought it with 58k, yuck!

My car has been pretty much ok.
Last week though it wouldnt start, and for no known reason. So I had it towed to the dealer. They found a small wire connected to the starter solenoid I believe had corroded and broken off. Cost me about $300 between towing and repair. I bent a rim hitting curb 2 weeks ago during a snowstorm, which I replaced. When the dealer went to do the allignment they toldme I have two other bent rims. Has anyone else had this problem? They ALSO said that I should have had my timing belt replaced at 100k, a $1200 job, and that I'm probably driving on borrowed time. Anyways that's it so far...

By the way, for the guy who had the TCS problem,was it during cold weather? When it's really cold the TCS won't function properly and the light will be on for few minutes until the car warms up...

#9 ·
1994 Eunos 800 Millercycle. New Zealand owned. Imported from Japan @ 60,000Kms. Now done 170,000kms and most of it relatively trouble free.
Work done includes;

All front CV's
Engine Mount
Brakes (pads and disks)
Cam belt and water pump
Air intake hoses (starting to harden up with age and split)
Other small niggly things

That's about it.

As the car is now getting a bit long in the tooth, have made the decision to trade up to a 98 model with about 40,000kms on the clock - again a Jap import through Mazda in New Zealand.

#10 ·
What's up?...I'm a new member on this site but I have a '95 Millenia with 142,000 miles on it, and haven't had that many problems with my Milly. I've had a cracked radiator that got replaced, and the air conditioner kinda wacks out sometimes but not always...i've had a few other minor engine problems but nothing really serious

#11 ·
1996 Millenia S type,
I just bought my beauty 6 months ago with 88k.
Got a good price on it too. I got certain things to fix though. Might need CV Driveshaft, definitely need a tune up. Looks like previous owner got into a little bender fender. Most of that stuff should be covered under warranty.

S types come with 210 hp, any suggestion to up the hp, and improve acceleration?

#15 ·
1997 S
114,000kms
had since August 2002

Major problems: cat.converter and 02 sensors changed

#16 ·
I have a 95 milly and i have now 167,000 miles look like i beat everyone (hehe)

never really had no problem the only problem the onlyproblem i had was the trani that killed me paid $930 and that is with a huck up price.

other than that miner things like spark plugs cables miner things like that......

#18 ·
98 Millenia S (has everything for that year)

Bought it in August 2001 w/57,000

It now has 95,000 but runs great (mileage is high because i lent it to a friend that put 10,000 miles on it in a month and a 1/2. no longer my friend).

Needs oxygen sensors (wont pass Texas inspection w/o) but it still gets good gas mileage

Replaced both CV joints ($200.00)

Squeaky rear struts?

Would like Scheduled Mileage service for preventative maint but thats just to be safe.

It does have an oil leak but that will be taken care of with the Scheduled Maint im planning to get.

#19 ·
95 Milly S
Bought it in Dec.02 W/102,000 miles
Now has 108
Replaced cracked radiator (seems to me common) Had to have the brakes done because of cracked ceramic ffront right side pad.
Cd changer sucked from day one( now gone), may need new TCS module..waiting to see. Have bad feeling may need new CV boot, or maybe axels, hear the dreaded clicking during tight turns. May also need new break booster, pedal gets squishy sometimes, may be realated to TCS/ABS module tho. Am about due for a new windshield road grit & sand have worn this one down in the wipers path. I need a remote for the factory keyless entry for this car, only a 95 will work (I've found out from trying e-bay), it has to have the mazda emblem on the remote, or will not work.
When I picked the car up I had to drive it 1,200 miles home, & it was some of the most enjoyable driving I've had in a long time, the car drives wonderfully, reminds me of my old Supra, just heaver, a lot heaver. I truly love driving my car, windows down & sunroof open w/radio turned up on a nice Sunday afternoon drive on country roads is like taking a mini vaciation in the milly.

#20 ·
1998 2.5l millenia
got it with 69,000 now have 86000 after 12 months...i drive alot.

Everyone told me millenia were very reliable and great used cars..maybe i just got a lemon..lol

Had front suspension redone..all of it.. warranty covered 1400 i paid 1100

front brakes 271 with labor... and rear brakes replaced ran about same

timing belt replaced..about 150..

Replaved EGR pipe and exhaust manifold..with labor and everything ran me 599

replaced IAC valve and knock sensor...with all other lil parts and labor ran me 1110.40....lol i couldve put a downpayment on a mazda 6 or a 2003 millenia..

I get all my work done at Mazda..some dont beleive in this but They give me a loaner car...normally in the past they gave me the 2003 new mazda 6 with the turbo...very nice car fun 2 whip around and last time the gave me the 2003 protege5 which was also fun...so now everytime i have a lil problem i run over there and take out a 2003 mazda..lol..

#21 ·
1998 2.5, Indigo Blue
Bought 7/2/02 w/37k mi, now 46k mi
Aftermarket: K&N filter, Accel wires, mud guards, sunroof visor, Tornado, PIAA
Problems: replaced 2 tires which had huge bubbles on the sidewalls($180 tire+labor), replace broken vacuam sensor($60), and just found out I need to replace or repair one of my cracked rims. My motorized steering column is no longer motorized. Think the motor died, but I set the steering wheel where I want it. The car drifts very slightly to the left. Gonna need a alignment soon. My gas mileage sucks. I got a scratch on my rear left door caused by a stupid driver who doesn't know how to pull out of a parking lot. The beige leather seats are getting dirty. Recent major tune-up interval($329). Replaced cheap Anco wipers with Bosch($20). After a few months after purchasing the Milly, I noticed the front left fender is darker than the OEM blue. The car was probably in a accident. I plan to repaint the whole car. All in all, I have no problems with the engine yet. The engine is the most important to me. Hard to believe it's a Ford motor powering the base Millenias. So, with a Ford engine, you'll never when it'll go on you. Just don't miss the tune up intervals and maybe it'll last to 200k. :rolleyes:

#23 ·
1999 2.5L
purchased with 37,588 miles, now has 41,700.
I've only had the car for 2 and a half months. No major problems really but i guess that's because the car hasn't hit that halfway mark yet. Is it true the 2.5 engine is made by ford? I thought the car was manufactured in Japan? If so, what can I do extra to make sure I have no major problems with the Fix Or Repair Daily engine?

#24 ·
Class: P
Year: 2002
Miles when purchased: 8 miles
Miles to date: 14,500 miles
No problems as of yet

Major Mods: HID Conversion Kit
Minor Mods: PIAA fogs
Wheels were in the future, but now I'm looking at a GSXR 750 fun toy.
Wheels postponed to maybe next summer.

#25 ·
Year: 1995 (2.5L Golden Edition)

Mileage: 108 990

Owned: 3 months

Major problems I've encountered:

- had my tranny rebuilt two weeks ago (service guys said that due to the "HOLD" button misuse. The previous owner used it instead of knock down button under the accelerator and didn't change transmission fluid and filter throughout 4 years)
- steering wheel power tilt is dead (luckily in the downright position)
- both fog lights doesn't work (don't know yet wether it's the bulbs, fuse or wiring)
- sometimes a squeeky noise comes from the brakes. It occurs only when I go backwards with the steering wheel turned maximum to the left or right and I got a feeling that the brake pedal goes up when this noise occurs - am I having illusions or does anybody encountered it

Apart form that I really enjoy that car, it drives and handles excellent. Best car I ever had

#26 ·
Hi everyone, I'm the new guy here.

I am trying to sell my current car, when I do I'm going to take over my mom's 1995 millenia. Here's the info on the car:

1995 Pearl White millenia S
(Manufacture date on sticker is May 1994, one of the very first)
And for those of you that are concerned about the S model's reliability, this car has 140,000 miles on it. Other than a water pump and a radiator crack the engine has been perfect. The car around it is falling apart because she never took the best care of it though.

I hope this web site picks up, I'm planning on doing a lot of work to fix up this car and I'll be interested in sharing with everyone.

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.