Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the chance to see the new Mazda6 in Hong Kong this summer. According to the sales people, the things were selling like hotcakes. The finish work on the car is head and shoulders above Mazda's past efforts (with the exception of the Millenia).

I've been waitng ever since seeing the car in June, b/c it does just about everything I want a car to do. It looks nice and has (as far as I could tell) no glarring flaws. Looking at the photos, it appears that the implementation of the Navigation system in the asian market cars is one of the best I've seen (although there was no navi in the car I saw in Hong Kong).

Looking at the spec sheet for the US cars, it appears that the navigation system will not be an option on the cars offered for slae in the states and I for one am wondering why? All of the Mazda6's key competitors (camry, accord and maxima) now offer navigation as an option. Further, Mazda has designed the new 6 with navigation for other markets. I know there are other options, but the built in system look great. Does anyone have any information on this? I'm still interested in the car, but I'm disappointed at what appears to be a short sighted decision on Madza's part not to at least offer Navigation as a option.

:angry:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
It had navigation at the car show.... maybe that will change when it's here in December. If you are interested, check out the dealership near your house and hopefully they can give you more information.

·
Registered
903 Posts
When is the car expected to be in showrooms...cause I wanna check it out the minute it is there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it's absolutly ridiculous that the mazda3 come with optional navi yet we don't get it. That's like a honda civic w/ navi and accord doesn't. Why would the lower model have better luxury??? :grr:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im planning on getting a Mazda 6 or 3 later this year and one of the things i really want in a car is navigation, is there any word on a 2005 model?, and if it will have navigation? Because i dont wanna find out later that the 6 is gonna get a nav unit when i already buy a 3 :) Any info would be great

·
Registered
82 Posts
no clue if the 6 will have it or not for next year... but sickasssix... you have to realize what the cars are. The Mazda3 is the replacement for the protege, which is mazda's bread and butter... so it got some nice add-ons. Mazda was never sure if the 6 was gonna be huge or not, it is, so hopefully they will add it. but you can always add it to your own car for the same price as a dealer add on

·
Registered
16 Posts
The dealer told me that it was not originally meant for the six that's why it does not have one. He told me that they are working on one and that it might be out in the next couple of years. If and when it does come out he said the whole dash would have to be replaced.

·
Registered
82 Posts
if people want one that bad, it isnt terribly expensive to add one yourself. It also fits perfectly in the dash compartment. If you want one that bad, an aftermarket one barely more expensive then the factory option on the 3... if you look and do your research

·
Registered
120 Posts
if the 6 never came with a navigation option... then what is that little cubbyhole in the center of the dash taking the place of? You know the one I'm talking about.. the one your friends can never figure out how to pop open.. right above the stereo...

I thought my dealer had said that was where the navigation system would go if the option was picked.. but either he was full of malarkey or my ears were. (each one equally viable)..

I figure that was just a cubbyhole since the space was saved for an option.. but now I want to know.. What option was it?!?!?! (if any)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by atenza@Feb 23 2004, 11:44 AM
The dealer told me that it was not originally meant for the six that's why it does not have one. He told me that they are working on one and that it might be out in the next couple of years. If and when it does come out he said the whole dash would have to be replaced.
Thats right, my parts guy told me today that the "geniuses" have be working on it as people have asked for an after market navi option. The issue, he told me is that its incompatible with the current wiring harness. For them to install navi, they would have to swap out all kinds of things.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by redheron@Feb 26 2004, 09:51 PM
Thats right, my parts guy told me today that the "geniuses" have be working on it as people have asked for an after market navi option. The issue, he told me is that its incompatible with the current wiring harness. For them to install navi, they would have to swap out all kinds of things.
I can just about guarantee that one of the aftermarket companies will be able to string together some sort of adapter. It's only a matter of time.

As for the 3 getting nav and the 6 being denied...just wait. If it becomes a popular option in the small car, you can bet they'll have it in the big car by '05 - if not sooner. Just my guess, though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
its the most f-ed up thing ever, americans spend more money on a car per person then any other country in the world, we love to burn gas, money, and rubber, why no nav I don't know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts