Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys... just "inherited" a 02? (the newest generation but dont know the exact year) millenia black from my dad to use as my daily. my car isn't the greatest candidate for a daily driver

my bagged 94 accord

anyway i want it to be somewhat nice... its black exterior with cream/beige leather interior, real nice shape... 125k ish with a slight oil consumption problem but other than that it is mechanically fine.

looking to lower it and looking for a one piece coilover
seems as if my options are
ksport - familiar with them and almost the cheapest and most logical option to me
d2 - i believe are made in the same factory but are more pricey.. probably not going to end up getting a set
gecko - never heard of them but seem to be out of AUS and a slight bit cheaper than the ksports

just curious as to if anyone has a preference... the spring rates in the ksports will be fine for what i plan to do

*LOOKING TO BUY A SET SO PRIVATE MESSAGE ME*

as for now, i just created an account on here and not very familiar, gonna do some searching around and see if i cant find some good places for parts. if theres any secret place to get crazy deals on parts let me know haha

·
Registered
775 Posts
So you want TWO cars that you can not drive cause they are so stupidly low that you can not drive them? I have no help since I think this type of look totally wrecks the look of ANY vehicle (my opinion). Having a vehicle so low that it can not be driven should only be done to a car that only sits at car shows cause people like to look at the extreme, not a daily driver. Make the wheel well gap less with some 18" wheels or something and enjoy the ride. The Black Milly with tan interior is three times the quality and class of a car that your 1994 Honda is, please do not make a good thing bad.
TomK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you want TWO cars that you can not drive cause they are so stupidly low that you can not drive them? I have no help since I think this type of look totally wrecks the look of ANY vehicle (my opinion). Having a vehicle so low that it can not be driven should only be done to a car that only sits at car shows cause people like to look at the extreme, not a daily driver. Make the wheel well gap less with some 18" wheels or something and enjoy the ride. The Black Milly with tan interior is three times the quality and class of a car that your 1994 Honda is, please do not make a good thing bad.
TomK
Sorry, dad.

Wouldn't the tires wear out really quick, when the car is lowered so much that they bow outwards? It seems like the inner part would wear bald, and the outer part would be like brand new tread. Is it possible to lower the car, but keep the wheels and tires at a true vertical orientation?
Technically natural camber from a lowered suspension will wear the tires out faster, yes. However it will just be a slight amount of natural camber and won't kill tires TOO fast. I could get a camber kit which is essentially is an adjustable upper arm that I can lengthen to a little longer than factory and will correct the camber back to 0 degrees. However I assume they aren't made for these cars so I'll have to just deal with it. I can wear through half the tire and then flip the tire and use the other half. Sounds stupid but it works haha

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I think if you are wanting to customize something, a Millenia is not the car to look for. The reason is that the Millenia has just about zero aftermarket options. Most everything is Dealer Only. Which in addition to making everything expensive, makes everything be more of a stock look. Other than an aftermarket spring kit, there is really nothing else you can do except for maybe a set of rims, tinted windows, and a real spoiler. That's about it. No way a Millenia is going to have the kind of aftermarket options that a Honda would. Also, there is just about zero options for engine upgrades, other than a K&N drop-in filter and gutting the pre-cats. (And gutting the pre-cats is a TON of work for very little performance gain).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I
I think if you are wanting to customize something, a Millenia is not the car to look for. The reason is that the Millenia has just about zero aftermarket options. Most everything is Dealer Only. Which in addition to making everything expensive, makes everything be more of a stock look. Other than an aftermarket spring kit, there is really nothing else you can do except for maybe a set of rims, tinted windows, and a real spoiler. That's about it. No way a Millenia is going to have the kind of aftermarket options that a Honda would. Also, there is just about zero options for engine upgrades, other than a K&N drop-in filter and gutting the pre-cats. (And gutting the pre-cats is a TON of work for very little performance gain).
I'm aware. My only mods are gonna be coils and wheels. I just want to have something simple yet clean for everyday driving. I've already thought about this, doesn't bother me too much

·
Registered
775 Posts
Apology accepted son, apology accepted. I laugh at cars like that and just shake my head. Maybe I am just to old as I do like to wear my pants on my waist. :)
TomK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts