Mazda World Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my faulty auto-dim mirror replaced (wasn't dimmimg the whole mirror), and the new mirror is asking for the "Zone-Code". The car manual doesn't document the auto-dim mirror at all.

Any idea about whats the code for Northern VA ? And how to set it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
and the autodim mirror was an option....$288 worth..

if you got it replaced, i'd assume you can go to the dealer and ask them....

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
damn i didn't think anyone even had that option

·
Registered
4,560 Posts

google works well

·
Registered
0 Posts
I know that in the US all magnetic settings are calibrated to a bunch of rocks in some lake in canada and not actually true north, but I wonder if the zone adjusts if you say drive across the country

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
auto dims are nice...

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I'd still like one, but unless someone knows very well how to get the headliner off without any problems or breaking, i'm not about to get one (and I'd of course get the ebay ones for $50, vs $153 for a mazda one...)

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
yeah i couldn't figure out how to get that thing off...

·
Registered
0 Posts
whatI would LOVE is the ones where in reverse half of it is a rear view camera. Actually the headliner comes off fairly easily. when you remove the rear c pillar covers to tighten parts of the chassis Im told it can just fall down and then there are some clips up front

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
why do you have to remove the headliner? the mirror was one of my first mods on the millenia and took me around 10 mins to install (installed v1 at the same time and ran them both to the same switched power source - the sunroof).

·
Registered
4,560 Posts

i don't have one in the rsx (but i'd like to) mainly because my mirror is attached somewhere on the roof, and not the windshield. if i wanted to get an autodim mirror, i'd have to glue one of those mirror buttons onto my windshield, and i don't feel like doing that

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
yes the autodim mirror is very helpful, especially when some idiot behind you doesn't know how to get his headlights aimed. it tints so dark that it almost completely eliminates glare, and allows you to use the mirror without hurting your eyes.

as for getting the old mirror off the windshield, there is a slot at the bottom where you would stick a flathead screw driver in. you just lift up the clip, and slide the mirror up and off of the button

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
in the end, i didn't even have to remove mine...i just attached it to the liner

·
Registered
0 Posts
oh, I thought you mean't actually removing it from the glass where its glued on. with my tint I'm fine, but I would like to do something about the glare in my sideview mirrors

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
hmmmm

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
do they make auto dim side views?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts